Monday, August 1, 2011

Nail Art

Since I am a HUGE fan of gyaru, I naturally have been interested in nail art. But all those gem-embedded patterns seemed way too difficult for a makeup and nail polish noob like me. I never really tried to do anything more complicated than a French manicure (which ended up kiiiinda globby and unattractive) for my fear of totally messing it up. But when I went to Vietnam to visit my cousins, they really inspired and amazed me. Their nail art was very impressive and I never see anyone in America doing nail art quite like theirs. I am now totally open to nail art and willing to try. So here's some pictures of my nail art. (:




Panda nails my cousin did for me! They were so cute and I couldn't stop taking pictures of them!



The onigiri (rice balls) nails my cousin did for her sister (:

My panda nail, my sister's watermelon nail and my cousin Pris's polka dot nails!

Okay, so this isn't nail art, but I thought this color was really pretty and girly. It's Set in Stone (180) in Sally Hansen Hard As Nails Collection.







Since I'm such a nerd, I had to make a pokeball and great ball nail art...it turned out pretty good,no? (Come on you Pokemon fans. I know you're jealous)



And a very patriotic nail...one month late for Independence Day...



And all three of them together. I really like the red, white and blue theme.

Well, obviously, I am still a terrible noob at nail art, but I really hope to improve! So anyone have any tips for me about nail art or even painting nails in general?



1 comment: